The Universidad de La Frontera maintains its Strategic Plan for Institutional Development 2013-2023 with a balanced scorecard that is updated each two years. However, at present, the main challenge is the lack of management mechanisms and protocols for strategic and development planning, a central register of the status of the units´ development plans, as well as formal mechanisms for evaluating the development plans.
We want to achieve that the directive board of each unit carries out the management in line with our institutional strategies, through the design, implementation and continuous improvement of the consistent plans of development with a corporate vision of the Strategic Plan for Institutional Development.
• Procedure for the formulation of development plans that are in line with the Strategic Plan for Institutional Development.
• Schedule for the formulation of development plans per management level.
• Procedure for validation and formalization.
• Standardized plan for internal communication of the units´ development plans.
• Guidelines for executive management regarding the development plans and exception handling.
• Procedure for accountability.